DURING February, 1989, Lady Ryder of Warsaw undertook a tour of Scottish Sue Ryder shops to personally thank staff and volunteers for their efforts.
She visited Aberdeen, Montrose, Forfar, Glenrothes, Cupar, St Andrews, Dundee and Carnoustie.
She is seen here during her visit to the Carnoustie High Street branch. Pictured are, from left - Margaret Joy, May Ritchie, Babs Hodgson, Lady Ryder, Kitty Smith, Linda Stewart, Janet Isbister and Karen Hayter.
Lady Ryder established the Sue Ryder Foundation in the UK in 1953 and was appointed OBE by Her Majesty The Queen in 1957. In 1959 she married Second World War hero Group Captain Leonard Cheshire VC (later Lord Cheshire). She died in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, in 2000, aged 77.