CARNOUSTIE Centre Action Group CCAG is delighted that Angus Council neighbourhood services has restored the original Kinloch Burgh School bell to its former glory as an excellent example of Victorian workmanship.
It is inscribed as being made by Westwoods of Dundee and dated 1895.
The bell is now being exhibited along with other artefacts in a glass case on the upper floor of Carnoustie Library.
It is the hope of CCAG eventually to have the bell installed as an architectural feature within the fabric of the Community Hub to be built on the site of the old burgh school where it will provide a striking memento of Carnoustie’s past.
This year has been a busy one for the committee members of Carnoustie Centre Action Group (CCAG) in seeking funding to make the next step and in acquiring more data to prove the need for a Hub.