Blaze breaks out at High Street premises

CARNOUSTIE High Street was closed for over an hour last night (Wednesday) when fire broke out in a former tanning salon on the corner of Queen Street.

The blaze, which was quickly brought under control by firefighters, is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault and is not thought to be suspicious.

From about 5.45 p.m., two appliances from Balmossie and one from Carnoustie were in attendance and, while the firefighters extinguished the blaze, police closed the High Street between Fox Street and Ferrier Street.

Although investigations into the fire carried on for a few hours, the High Street was re-opened again by approximately 7.30 p.m.

Reader Derek Stormont sent us the video of firefighters at the scene.