It’s competition time down at West Links where a happy snapper could be in with a chance of winning a £100 voucher.
Keen photographers will be in their element as the West Links Photography Competition opens on November 31.
Capture the beauty and the life of West Links in Arbroath and win £100 worth of Amazon vouchers as well as the chance to see your winning photograph placed on permanent display in public buildings and used in publicity by Angus Council.
An exhibition of the submitted photographs will be in Carnoustie Library from February 16 with winners being announced on February 28.
To enter, please email NicolG@westlinkspark.co.uk with your entry and a hand in a 500x400mm printed and framed copy, to Carnoustie Library by 12 noon on December 31. Digital files must be in a jpeg format with a minimum file size of 500KB and maximum of 2MB and will be judged by an independent professional.
Terms and Conditions
1. The theme for the competition is “West Links Photograph Competition” with photographs of the life and beauty of West Links in Arbroath.
2. Photographs must be taken at the West Links area of Arbroath.
3. The photograph competition is open to all UK residents.
4. Judges and their family members or anyone else connected with the competition and their family members may not enter the competition.
5. Entry is open to amateur photographers only. For the purposes of the competition, a professional photographer is one who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs.
6. Entrants may submit one entry for the prize. Prize is as follows:
1 x £100 Amazon voucher
7. Entries must be e-mailed in file format jpg to NicolG@westlinkspark.co.uk Files must be a minimum of 500KB and a maximum of 2MB. Each entry must include the following information:
Contact Telephone Number (evening and daytime)
Contact Email Address
8. The competition closes at 12 p.m. on Wednesday, December 31 2014.
9. Angus Council takes no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or
incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
10. Judge/judges will be looking for the most well composed, artistic and original images that evoke the best interpretations of the theme. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Images entered in this competition must be based on an imaged captured through a camera. Images may be digitally enhanced to optimise an image, for example by adjusting brightness, contrast or colour balance. Images may also be cropped, but key elements of the composition must not be manipulated. Entries will be judged on photographic skill. Judges have the discretion to reject any image which has been, in their opinion, over- manipulated removing the integrity of the original image.
12. Entrants own the copyright to their competition entry as its author. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. Entrants must be the sole owner of copyright for all photographs entered. Entrants must have obtained consent from any individual featured in their entries for use of his/her image in connection with this competition or the consent of a parent or guardian where an individual is under 16. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
13. Entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of any of their entries or have won or been a runner up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
14. By entering this competition, entrants grant permission for Angus Council to publish an image on any Angus Council media including websites and social media, to use an image for marketing and promotional material in electronic format and hard copy, to print an image for public display and to store an image as part of the Angus Archives collection. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
15. Entrants grant permission for Angus Council to use their name and town/village of residence for the purpose of identifying the entrant as the author of the entry and/or as a finalist or winner of the competition.
16. Finalists will be notified during February 2015. If a winner and/or finalist cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, Angus Council reserves the right to either select another winner or finalist or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
17. This competition is administered by Angus Council.