Carnoustie Gala is saved for another year thanks to a great response to the Guide &Gazette plea for help last week.
We revealed that the eagerly anticipated annual parade may not go ahead due to a lack of volunteer stewards.
But after our plea appeared in Friday’s edition, local people answered the call.
“We have reached the number of stewards required,” said chairperson of the Gala Committee Mary Bushnell. “In fact the response was so good we now have a reserve list, and you can bet I will hold on to it and keep it for next year, I can tell you!”
Mrs Bushnell was pleased to say her ‘phone never stopped ringing following the report in the paper last Friday.
“I am very pleased. It was definitely a response from the Guide & Gazette’s report. My phone rang all through Friday and Saturday.
“The people of Carnoustie have come up trumps and now we can concentrate on putting the last efforts into the Gala.”
Carnoustie’s Gala will have all the splendour from past years with some unique new crowd pleaser’s.
There will be a colourful show of exotic dance from a Nepalese dancing troupe and a re-enactment group from Brechin.
“These are firsts for the Carnoustie Gala,” said Mrs Bushnell. “We are focusing on using as many local talents as possible which means the Piebald dog display is being done by a local organisation this year.”
The parade begins from Panmure Industrial Estate at 1 p.m. and will make its way to the Carnoustie House Grounds where the fun begins at 2 p.m.