Gowfers defeated at Bo’ness

Bo’ness United 3, Carnoustie Panmure 0

Carnoustie Panmure travelled to Newton Park on Saturday to meet high flying Bo’ness United in the McBookie.com East Superleague.

The homesters kicked off and attacked straight away when Walker laid the ball along the edge of the box to Hislop, but he shot past. At the other end Dailly tried a shot, but it was well past too.

There was an early booking for Walker for a foul on M. Scott. Bo’ness kept pressing and Snowdon played a ball through to Hislop, but this time he had run offside.

Gribben then fired a dangerous cross in from the left, but it was well held by Ferrie. The same player burst through from a suspiciously offside position, but again Ferrie made a fine save.

The Gowfers’ ‘keeper then had to look lively to beat Hislop to a long ball into the box and a free kick by Gribben was cleared out for a corner by Millar. The flag kick by Sloan was headed over by Hunter.

Hislop then broke through, again from a dodgy offside position, but he shot wide. Keeping up the pressure, Bo’ness won a corner off Millar, but Gribben’s kick was too strong and evaded everyone.

Carnoustie gradually got into the game and a good run and cross by McIlravey was just missed by Dailly. A few minutes later a good cross by M. Scott was headed just past by Cook. Hislop got through again and tried to lob the outrushing Ferrie, but again it went past the post.

Half-time: Bo’ness United 0, Carnoustie Panmure 0.

Carnoustie were caught out early and went behind in 47 minutes when Gribben crossed from the right and HISLOP was unmarked and headed home from six yards.

Cook made headway down the wing for the visitors, but his cross was well held by Peat at the post. A cross from the left by Nimmo was headed towards the Gowfer’s goal by A. Scott, but Ferrie held it safely.

Bews then laid off a ball to M. Scott, but his effort was too high and in 60 minutes Dailly was replaced by Perera.

Carnoustie thought they had pulled one back when Cook had the ball in the Bo’ness net, but he was flagged offside.

The homesters extended their lead in 65 minutes when Walker raced through and Ferrie did well to block his shot, but the loose ball fell to GRIBBEN and he lobbed it into the net over the despairing head of Millar who had raced back to try to clear.

In 70 minutes M. Scott was booked for a foul on Walker and a minute later Bo’ness replaced A. Scott with C. Scott.

Perera then suffered a head knock and required treatment on the sideline. Bews tried a long range effort, but was well past and in 73 minutes Carnoustie made their second change with L. Scott replacing Narey.

Perera was able to come back on to the park. Myles tried a long throw into the Bo’ness goalmouth, but it was well held by Peat and in 75 minutes Hislop was replaced by Z. Miller.

M. Scott then won a corner off Sloan, but the kick by McIlravey was too easy for Peat and the Carnoustie player was fouled by Snowdon, out on the left, but Bews’ kick was cleared by Murphy.

A Millar miskick almost cost Carnoustie another goal, letting Gribben through, but Ferrie was again the saviour with a fine block.

In 86 minutes Walker was replaced by Anderson and a minute later, Perera was booked for encroaching.

A minute from time Carnoustie went further behind when Sloan fired the ball across the six-yard line and Z. MILLER gave Ferrie no chance.


Bo’ness United: Peat, Snowdon, Devine, Murphy, Hunter, Nimmo, Walker (Anderson, 86), Sloan, Hislop (Z. Miller, 75), A. Scott (C. Scott, 71), Gribben. Substitutes not used – Jaconelli and Wallace.

Carnoustie Panmure: Ferrie, Myles, Narey (L. Scott, 73), Millar, Buggins, Roberts, Cook, Bews, Dailly (Perera, 60), McIlravey, M. Scott. Substitutes not used: Black, Allardyce (GK) and Macpherson (GK).

Referee – Mr Mike Taylor, Edinburgh.

Tomorrow’s match

The Gowfers, are back on home turf tomorrow (Saturday), when they play host to Musselburgh Athletic in the McBookie.com East Superleague. Kick-off is at 1.45 p.m.