Sauchie gain revenge at alloa

Sauchie Juniors 2,

Carnoustie Panmure 1

Torrential rain almost wiped out the Junior card, but the Gowfers’ game was switched to Alloa’s 4G surface at Recreation Park.

For the tie the manager brought Roddy Black and Graeme Dailly into the starting 11 with bench spots going to Danny Millar, Rori Bews, Marc Scott, Josh Perera and Chris Macpherson.

Sauchie started the brighter and it was no surprise when a long ball up the right caught Carnoustie out and DARREN CUMMINGS scored with a strike from 16 yards after 11 minutes.

The visitors tried hard to get back into the game, but the Sauchie defence stood firm and the half ended with no more scoring.

Half-time: Sauchie Juniors 1, Carnoustie 0.

The second half started with a great chance for Sauchie but Winters failed to hit the target with only the ‘keeper to beat.

However, within minutes the homesters were awarded a penalty for an incident in which Roddy Black was red-carded for bringing down Callum Hendrie, although Carnoustie claimed the offence was outside the box.

DAVID WINTERS stepped up and slotted the ball home to double the home side’s lead.

Carnoustie reorganised and this resulted in their best spell of the game with Halliwell in the home goal being called upon to make some good saves.

With 10 minutes to go, SCOTT ROBERTSON went on a run into the Sauchie box and slipped the ball past Halliwell to pull one back for the visitors.

Carnoustie kept up the pressure resulting in several corners, but they couldn’t get an equaliser although they had strong claims for a penalty for a hand ball in the last minute. The referee waved away their appeals and blew for full time with the home side gaining revenge for a 3-2 defeat at Laing Park earlier in the season.

Carnoustie Panmure: Ferrie, Myles, Buggins, Robertson, Black, Roberts, L. Scott (Bews), McIlravey, Cook, Milne (Millar), Dailly. Substitutes not used: M. Scott, Perera and Macpherson (GK).

Referee – Mr Evan Cairns, Alloa.

Montrose 4,

Carnoustie Panmure 2

On Tuesday night Alan McSkimming took his Gowfers to play Montrose in a friendly at Links Park.

The homesters started quickly and put a shot just past the post after only two minutes.

In the 11th minute Kevin Milne played a one-two with Josh Perera but dragged his shot just wide of the post. Two minutes later Perera flicked on a Roddy Black throw to Milne who played a crossfield pass to McIlravey who drove into the box and fired a shot into the near post.

Montrose broke the deadlock in 31 minutes when Danny Millar gave away a free kick which was put into the top corner giving MacPherson no chance.

Shortly before the break a defensive error let Milne in. However he put his shot over the bar under pressure from the ‘keeper.

Half-time: Montrose 1, Carnoustie Panmure 0.

Ten minutes after the restart Montrose made it 2-0. Shortly after the visitors made their first changes with Narey and McIlravey being replaced by Buggins and Dailly.

On the hour mark Milne again tested the ‘keeper with a low shot. Shortly after Liam Scott came of and was replaced by Barry Myles.

In 70 minutes the Gowfers’ pressure paid off when Milne played a ball to MARC SCOTT who finished low past the ‘keeper.

Shortly after MacPherson came off to be replaced by Allardyce.

Montrose went 3-1 up when a shot was played low across the goal into the far corner.

Almost straight from the restart a goalkeeper error led to MARC SCOTT scoring a second for the visitors.

Two minutes from time Montrose fired in a long range effort which Allardyce managed to push wide of the post with a fantastic save. From the corner, Montrose made it 4-2 despite strong hand ball claims from the Panmure players

Carnoustie Panmure: MacPherson (Allardyce), Narey (Buggins), Bews, Millar, Robertson, L.Scott (Myles), McIlravey (Dailly), Black, Perera, Milne and M.Scott.